Photojournalism members place in regional contest

Jessica Otte, Advisor

CTE Photojournalism students competed in the Region 7 Education Service Center 2020 “Give it Your Best Shot” Photography Contest under the direction of teacher Jessica Otte. Student entries were submitted Friday, Oct. 30th and the winners were announced Saturday, Nov. 21st on the Region 7 Facebook page.

Junior Taylor Hewett won 3rd place overall with her theater rehearsal photo. There were over 75 entries coming from surrounding North East Texas high school students. Hewett has won a B&H Photo website gift card. She is on the Capture Me Chapel Hill Photo Staff.

Senior Susie Torres received Honorable Mention for her prayer photo from this year’s See You at the Pole event. Torres is a two-time yearbook staff member and was previously on the Capture Me Chapel Hill Photo Staff.

“I am thankful for the work put into submitting the amazing photographs for the Best Shot Photography Contest,” said Region 7 Curriculum Coordinator, Brooke Kinsman, “There were seven judges including several professional photographers, and they all commented on what a difficult task it was to judge.”

Hewett also received Honorable Mention for two of her fall varsity baseball shots.

Photojournalism students will submit new photos in the spring for the next 2021 photo contest.