Chapel Hill Unleashed

Chapel Hill Unleashed

• April 13Kaitlyn King wins Overall Grand Champion at Smith County Junior Livestock Show

• April 12Payton Wages' UIL Latino Heritage essay to compete at State Academic Writing Banquet in May

• April 7Boys Varsity Soccer team advances to 4th round of Playoffs

UIL team wins overall

MaKayla Clements, Academic Staff Writer

Following the October 28 meet at Carthage, UIL students competed in the Whitehouse meet on November 11. Both meets ended in UIL contestants winning medals as individuals and teams.

At the Carthage meet, Jacob Gaddis received 6th place in Number Sense and Jesus Villarreal Anchondo received 2nd in Science. In Poetry, Hannah Ritchie earned 3rd and Eddie Jones earned 4th place. Jared Carter was awarded 1st in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, which earned him the title of “1st Overall”.

“I am very proud of how well all the students are doing and their eagerness to learn, practice, and compete at the meets,” said UIL coordinator and coach Amanda Adair. “Both meets brought great accomplishments for our school and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for each team as we all strive to get better.”

In the Whitehouse meet, the science team won 1st place out of all competing schools. This included individual overall winnings of Jared Carter with 1st, Ezra Patterson in 2nd, and Jesus Villarreal Anchondo in 3rd. Other team members included Armando Sanchez and JD Reazin. In Accounting, members Alexis Sanchez, Juan Lopez, and Patrick Bradley won 2nd place overall, with Bradley winning 6th place individually. The Computer Science team won 1st place overall with Alexis Sanchez in 1st and Jared Carter in 3rd.

“I was excited to see how rewarding the benefits of my hard work has been,” said Carter. “I was pleased to succeed in both meets and I will continue to work hard and progress with my team. The Science team will continue to make Chapel Hill proud.”

Competitors will have Saturday practice meets in the spring to prepare for their UIL District Tournament which will take place in March at Spring Hill High School as a preliminary event before Regionals in April.